cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Master Server to VM Box

DR_Kid
Not applicable
Hoping somebody can help me out here...

I need to restore our Master Server to a certain point in time to view a report to see if a restore was performed on a certain date.  Our existing server is still in operation and is live so i need to basically do a DR restore to VM install. 

I haveinstalled the OS and now have Netbackup installed to the same version but what are my next steps?

Does anyone know where i can find a step by step guide for doing this restore? Also if anyone has had to do this before and can offer advice it will be more than welcome

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
bprecover and the steps required to rebuild are documented in the trouble shooting guide.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
I'm not aware of VM instances able to talk FC over SAN.  Maybe things have changed.
Most VM does however talk SCSI.  AFAIK, your host running the VM session will need a locally attached SCSI tape drive, and then you may (and I say may) be able to persuade NetBackup to talk with the tape drive.
Also, read the manuals for your NBU version that describes the recovery steps.
Docs can be found here:

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
you can try a regular restore, using the VM name it will not change much, the media server of this box will provide the data, without seeing that is a virtual box, it will not matter if is just a client.

Regards