cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore of many sql servers

acidborn60
Level 4
Hello All!
I have 100 sql server.  I configure backup policy and all  worked.
Situation: i run sql script on all sql servers and this script worked incorrect. Me need restore databases on 100 sql servers.
For restore, me need logon into every sql and start restore manually? This is very slow.
Whether it is possible to make it faster?

p.s. sorry for my english

2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner
Do you mean the restore process is slow because you have to log on to every server and start restore manually?

There's no other way to run restore.

For backups, you can use the same script for all 100 SQL servers, to do full backup of all database on each server.

For restore, you can't use the same script on multiple SQL servers, because the restore script needs to point at the specific backup image created for the specific SQL server - in other words, one restore script per server.

BTW, I can't imagine all your 100 SQL servers all died at the same time and need recovery altogether at the same time ... is it some kind of development environment?

The news will be on TV if 100 of production SQL server database crash altogether, it must be a big organization.

Abe

acidborn60
Level 4
[Quote]The news will be on TV if 100 of production SQL server database crash altogether, it must be a big organization.[/Quote] good joke :)
...is it some kind of development environment?
No, but sometimes scripts for update data on users datasases workwd incorrect. I understand - need quality testing, but it does not depend on me. I receive script after "good testing" :)