cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore on 2005 SQL Cluster

MAllen_2
Level 3

Hello everyone and thanks for any help on this issue.  We are running NB 6.5.1 on linux and the client we are running on is Windows Server 2003 x64 with a SQL 2005 cluster and the 64 bit NB client.  Our problems appear to only be with restoring databases.  Backups appear to function properly.

We launch the Netbackup MS SQL Client and create a restore script.  Once we start the script and open 'View Status' the job is visible however the operation type is listed as unknown and the operation status is listed as in progress.  So far it has been 'in progress' for more than 7 hours.  The db I'm trying to restore isn't very large, about 200 MB.

Lastly, the Activity Monitor in the Admin console shows nothing.  When I run the backup, these processes show up properly in the admin console.

Again, thanks for any help

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

T_J_
Level 3

Ran into similar issue, felt quite like stale/hung jobs that happen on the console of the master.  I poked around on the client till I was able to match the status window jobs with those under the following path "C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\user_ops\MsSql\Jobs" (server 2k3 x86).  Match the time stamp on the files to those jobs which are status Unknown and cut/move to another location/delete.  New scripts kicked off from the sql client should now process through the queue without issue.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please ensure that you have the following logs for troubleshooting:

On master: bprd   (Restart NBU after creating the log folder). bprd log will confirm if restore request is received from client.

On client: dbclient. This log will confirm if connection with master is initiated.