cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse CA Arcserve media

NBU35
Level 6

Hi All

Thank you so much for your help , we have successfully configured the tape library in Netbackup.librar

I need lil bit more help on this..

this tape library and media in side it were earlier used with CA Arcserve.

I have to use the same media in netbackup.

Please share how can I use these media in netbackup.

Can I directly import them and use them in Netbackup ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No need to replace external labels - just overwrite internal header/label with NBU label.

Put tapes in robot, Inventory robot. If tapes are going to Scratch pool, move to another pool. 
Do the following for each of these tapes:
Select tape in Media section of GUI. Right-click, select Label. You will see 'verify label' option that is selected by default. De-select this option, click OK. You will see a job in Activity Monitor that will mount the tape and overwrite internal label.
Next tape...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6

Just reuse (overwrite) or import (and restore)?

Reuse/overwrite can be done. If you know which format Arcserve wrtes (e.g. ANSI, TAR, etc) you can select Allow Media Overwrite in Host Properties -> Media Server(s) -> Media.

If you don't know which format are on these tapes, you will have to manually re-label each tape and de-select the 'Verify Label' option.

If you want to import Archserve media in order to restore data on tape - sorry, cannot be done.

NBU35
Level 6
Thanks , please let me know wehere is 'Verify Label' option present and by relabeling each tape, it means I have to create new barcodes and create same kind of media ID in netbackup by creating new media ?

Marianne
Level 6

No need to replace external labels - just overwrite internal header/label with NBU label.

Put tapes in robot, Inventory robot. If tapes are going to Scratch pool, move to another pool. 
Do the following for each of these tapes:
Select tape in Media section of GUI. Right-click, select Label. You will see 'verify label' option that is selected by default. De-select this option, click OK. You will see a job in Activity Monitor that will mount the tape and overwrite internal label.
Next tape...

NBU35
Level 6

Thanks it has helped me to use those media, also i loaded new media and now I am able to use both type of media by taking inventory of robot.