cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revisions in SCl-HCL and Binaries

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have often seen this change in SCL-HCL and was wondering how this SCL-HCL can get updated with mino/major changes post Final release of product !

Does Binaries also gets updated on fileconnect respective to the updated SCL-HCL?

Has anyone noticed this behaviour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Vaibhav,

Sorry for the late response.  I think we may have a language barrier but I will attempt to give you the information I think you're looking for.

Once we post binaries to file connect, they NEVER change.  If we need to update, they will always get a new filename/version number.

If we update the SCL to say that something is supported, and we did NOT say that that "something" was supported in the previous revision of the SCL, we are only adding to what we support.  We will not have changed ANY binaries on File Connect.  So if you have already downloaded, there is no need to re-download them again because they will be exactly the same as before.  We did not release a hotfix which includes the support; we are saying that it probably ALWAYS worked, but here is our formal declaration and blessing that it is a supported configuration.  Does this clear it up?

But it is also unfair for front end representatives to commit respective to customers app against symantec solution.

I mean no offense, but I cannot figure out what you're saying here.  :)  If you still have reservations, please rephrase and ask again - I'll do my best to give you an answer!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CRZ
Level 6

We'll update those compatibility lists as we add new Operating System/Architecture combos.  If they pass the QA (or is it QE?) process, they will be certified and then can be added to the relevant CL.

We are always testing and certifying...not just prior to release.  Sometimes an O/S version isn't available prior to release, but after it IS released, we get a lot of stakeholders asking about compatibility, so it goes to QA.

The binaries do not change - but what we say WORKS/is supported with those binaries may change.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Chris

Thanx for revert. Just to be more precise. Do you mean as if any app version passes QA but was not listed in to previous release of SCL gets updated with newer one without need of updating the binaries in production.....Cause till far i have seen several times that SCL gets updated but i was confused whether the binaries at file connect are also getting revised as i don't see any hotfix release after SCL is updated.(untill unless specified)

To be more frank Chris, at one stance it is good that symantec cope up with other stakeholders and keep on testing their products to comply. But it is also unfair for front end representatives to commit respective to customers app against symantec solution.

CRZ
Level 6

Hi Vaibhav,

Sorry for the late response.  I think we may have a language barrier but I will attempt to give you the information I think you're looking for.

Once we post binaries to file connect, they NEVER change.  If we need to update, they will always get a new filename/version number.

If we update the SCL to say that something is supported, and we did NOT say that that "something" was supported in the previous revision of the SCL, we are only adding to what we support.  We will not have changed ANY binaries on File Connect.  So if you have already downloaded, there is no need to re-download them again because they will be exactly the same as before.  We did not release a hotfix which includes the support; we are saying that it probably ALWAYS worked, but here is our formal declaration and blessing that it is a supported configuration.  Does this clear it up?

But it is also unfair for front end representatives to commit respective to customers app against symantec solution.

I mean no offense, but I cannot figure out what you're saying here.  :)  If you still have reservations, please rephrase and ask again - I'll do my best to give you an answer!

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thumbs up to u Chris.... This clarifies my doubts... Thanx alot....for prompt and acquaint revert....

CRZ
Level 6

If you could please mark this thread solved, (my boss and) I would appreciate it.smiley