cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Enable=no (down)

L_K__Nishad
Level 2
All,
          Below are the configuration.In activity monitor robot status is no (Enable=no).How to enable it ?suggestoins are welcome.
server configuration is (Netbackup 6.0,Solaris 9,SL-48).

after rebooting netbackup server it's working fine.any other alternatives to enable it.

find some output of robtest and tldcd.

./tldcd

TLDCD: System error occurred

root@storage-nb # ./robtest
Configured robots with local control supporting test utilities:
TLD(0) robotic path = /dev/sg/c0tw500110a0008bc7aal1

Robot Selection
---------------
1) TLD 0
2) none/quit
Enter choice: 1

Robot selected: TLD(0) robotic path = /dev/sg/c0tw500110a0008bc7aal1

Invoking robotic test utility:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -rn 0 -r /dev/sg/c0tw500110a0008bc7aal1

Opening /dev/sg/c0tw500110a0008bc7aal1
user scsi ioctl() failed, may be timeout, errno = 5, I/O error
user scsi ioctl() failed, may be timeout, errno = 5, I/O error
mode_sense ioctl() failed: I/O error
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)

Thanks & Regards
L.K.Nishad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
There are no operation for robots to enable/disable. NetBackup periodically probe configured robots. Once daemon can communicate to, and read status of robot, it comes up. You can find "TLD(0) go to UP state" or like so on in syslog. Communication error occurs and daemon cannot read status, robot goes down. Some relationg messages are loogged in syslog. Now I remind that I've heard similar trouble.FC topology was changed suddenly without administrator operation, and it had to reboot to recover it. It is better to disable autonegotiation, If possible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Peter_Jakobs
Level 5
Looks like a configuration or a robot problem.
Can you show the output of cfgadm -al and /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan

Peter

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Some message related with robot communication issue must be found in syslog(/var/adm/messages).
And,  if i remember right, drive 1 of SL48 is on same target of robotic controller. Run sgscan and check whether each drive and robot can be shown.
Both drive 1 and robot can not be shown, FC link might be down.

L_K__Nishad
Level 2

Thanks !,
                     One thing i want to make you clear that when i run robtest command,mode sense was failed,it was not detecting the robot itself.

In this case what is the solution of this , i mean how to enable the robot,is there any command for the same,like vmoprcmd which up and down the drives.

Thanks & Regards
L.K.Nishad.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
There are no operation for robots to enable/disable. NetBackup periodically probe configured robots. Once daemon can communicate to, and read status of robot, it comes up. You can find "TLD(0) go to UP state" or like so on in syslog. Communication error occurs and daemon cannot read status, robot goes down. Some relationg messages are loogged in syslog. Now I remind that I've heard similar trouble.FC topology was changed suddenly without administrator operation, and it had to reboot to recover it. It is better to disable autonegotiation, If possible.

L_K__Nishad
Level 2

Thanks once again !

I thought there will be some command,but as you say no,i also already google so many time but no joy.
                                             Any way if this problem is comming i am rebooting ther serveer ,after reboot its getting resolve.

Thanks & Regards
L.K.Nishad.