Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAN Client Hyper-V Cluster - Only LAN

MMartini
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello

I've set up a FT Server to be able to backup some VMs using an SAN.

All Hyper-V servers access the SAN and we can backup any Host server without a problem.

After all tests ran great, we set up the cluster name, so we will be able to backup any VM, regardless the Hyper-V Host.

The problem started at this point. If we set a Hyper-V host, we perform a SAN backup, but if we set up the Hyper-V cluster name, NBU start the communication on LAN.

All procedures on nbemmcmd -addhost and nbemmcmd -updatehost to create the cluster name and add the nodes names was made.

We've tried to manually create the cluster on SAN Clients list, but we got an error saying that this client is already set up at EMM.

Still, if we start the backup using the cluster name, we just got a LAN transport.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I doubt this will ever work.  Hyper-V clusters are Active Active clusters.  So everytime you resolve the Hyper-V cluster by a cluster name, it will only resolve the co-ordinator node which may not always be the node that owns the VM.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VirtualED
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I doubt this will ever work.  Hyper-V clusters are Active Active clusters.  So everytime you resolve the Hyper-V cluster by a cluster name, it will only resolve the co-ordinator node which may not always be the node that owns the VM.

MMartini
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Ok

Thanks for the answer. I'll perform a beckup using the Hyper-V Hosts.