cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHADOW COPY Restore

mudabo
Level 4
Partner

I have a server that was lost.   The server is a Netware client (VOL1, VOL2)   The server uses about 1TB of data.   The last FULL backup only shows about 275 GB of data backed up.   But the Shadow Copy Components were backed up also.   If I just select the Shadow Copy from the latest backup, can I expect the amount of data to be what was actually on the DISK ?   Or is that even an option ?   I have what looks to be a good full backup that is 3 weeks old.   I would have to restore that, and try to apply as many incrementals as I can.   Thanks in advance for your contribution to this critical issue

1 REPLY 1

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

I don't think a Netware server has Shadow Copy Components. Shadow Copy Componenets is for Windows.

Can you Please Clarify ?

I you wan't to restore a entire windows server, take a look at this procedure:

HOWTO: Use NetBackup to perform a restore for a total and complete recovery of Windows XP, 2000, 2003, or 2008 client(s) that includes C: (and other system) drive(s), Shadow Copy Component, and/or System_State from a reliable full Windows-NT backup without IDR or BMR in the event of a Disaster (or need to fall back to a known working state).

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH56473