cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler problems after applying the 6.5.2a patch!!

Anders_Tenden
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

After applying the 6.5.2a patch on a windows 2003 master server ive got extensive problems with the scheduler. Practically none of the disk staging units will start duplication as scheduled, resulting in the disks filling up and eventually the backup jobs fails due to disks full condition. They run fine when manually initiated though.

Also alot of the regular backup jobs are skipped occasionally. This is a large environment and its not like i just can "downgrade" everything without putting alot of work to it. Also, monitoring and starting the DSSU jobs manually is quite a job since its 48 DSUs containing about 100TB of data. Does anybody know about an engineering fix for this? Do i have to downgrade? I have to do something very quick though...

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

There is an engineering binary out there (there have been many issues posted on the forum regarding nbpem etc since 6.5.2).

I would log a call with Symantec & request it in relation to your scheduler issues.

Anders_Tenden
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

OK. Thanks dude.

If this is a bug theyd better release a fix available to downaload for everyone right away... in my opinion.

Ill log a case right away though.

Again, thanks :)