cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searches in Netbackup

screech27
Level 3

I was familar with NBU version 7.5 and performed searches via command line as follows - this worked perfectly every time.

E:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd>bpflist –client orlhm-drfiler-a –d 04/01/14 –e 07/07/14 –rl 999

–policy orlhm_drfiler_a_mirror_enrollment_documents –pt NDMP | find “0003713971” > c:\student.txt

Now a new job with NBU 7.6.0.4.  Converted the search to the correct information at the new job and it would fail.  Finally got this command to work:

E:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpflist -client oocsvondmp -d 04/01/2015
-e 06/28/2015 -pt NDMP -rl 999 -option GET_ALL_FILES | find "Personal.pst" > c:\
output5.txt

I have a few questions:

First regarding command line searches.  If I add the switch -policy and then the policy name, I get an error 'No entity was found'.  I really need to search by policy as searching by our Filer itself simply has way too much to search thru! 

Second, is there anyway to use a wildcard in searches?  I have tried to use "*.pst" and then ".\.pst" and both of them resulted in no entity was found.

Lastly, we do have ops center analytics and I would like to try to use it for searches.  I think I have to setup an index server but have not been able to find documentation as to what is needed or how to go about this.

I've had a case open with Symantec for 2 weeks, on 3rd engineer.  And so far all suggestions have not worked.

Could really use someone with experience in searches to provide some insight!

Thanks in advance to all my NBU buddies!

20 REPLIES 20

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

I've posted a script here which may help with your searches:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/windows-dos-batch-script-search-backup-images-files