cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching the Veritas Knowledge Base

eric_lilleness
Level 4
I have to admit to having problems getting meaninful info out of this latest version of the Knowledge base. Am I the only one? I told Symantec that besides patches & manuals, I have better luck finding a Veritas TechNote via Google than their tool.

A good example is today I tried to find an TechNote I have seen before on the best practise for suspending the scheduler w/o luck.

Clueless in Seattle, Eric
6 REPLIES 6

Bernard_Verheue
Level 3
Eric, you are for sure NOT the ONLY one struggeling with this KB ...

I COMPLETELY AGREE and (hope) many others with us ...

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I agree, I agree!
KB show up up to 50 documents only, and most of them are crap!

Richard_Bannist
Level 5
agreed from me also :)

i'm a hardline Google searcher

Stumpr2
Level 6
Sad, but true.

The returns include 50 variations of a maintenance pack. There is one for each platform type. Why can't they at least cut that down to a notice that you should check your particular platform for the maintenance pack instead of listing the 50 various combinations? It is hard to sort through that clutter.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I agree, it use to be you could find "ticket" info on problems people had and how the solved it.

now you just find  info on MP's

I vote they change it back to the old way.

Or is this there way to make everbody buy support and call more?

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
I agree with all of you and I think they give the patches first because when u open a case is always the first thing they ask.

Just one note, when you perform the search on the new KB on the right side you see the next links:

Document Type

Or something similar, what I do I just click on the Technical Article and send me to the Tech Notes, just in case no one notice, I normaly never read the links on the left or right of the search pages, I always spect to have the answer in from of me in the first link in BOLD :D :p

Regards