Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Linux folder on Windows

nbuengr2
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Good day!

Our client is planning to backup a Linux Server( CentOS 7). So one of their options is to create a Linux Shared folder that is seen on their Windows Server.

Basically, its more on a File Shared folder. How can I backup the Linux shared folder? Is the backup policy should be on Linux or Windows? Do I need root credentials in order to backup the shared folder?

Also, as I've checked in the SCL of NBU 7.X CentOS 7 is compatible. If our client encounters a backup problem in ther CentOS is it supported by the Tech support if I create a case?

If there are any guides, im willing to read them.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Install NBU Client software on Linux server, check forward and reverse name lookup between master/media server and client (add hosts entries if Linux client is not on DNS ), then create a policy (type Standard ) with Linux hostname in Clients tab, and list of folders/filesystems to be backed up or ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in Backup Selection. Backup of Unix /Linux Clients is covered in NBU Admin Guide I. Linux Client software can be found on FileConnect in Unix Clients2 download. Installation instructions in NBU Installation Guide. You can find links to all NBU 7.6 manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Install NBU Client software on Linux server, check forward and reverse name lookup between master/media server and client (add hosts entries if Linux client is not on DNS ), then create a policy (type Standard ) with Linux hostname in Clients tab, and list of folders/filesystems to be backed up or ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES in Backup Selection. Backup of Unix /Linux Clients is covered in NBU Admin Guide I. Linux Client software can be found on FileConnect in Unix Clients2 download. Installation instructions in NBU Installation Guide. You can find links to all NBU 7.6 manuals in Handy NBU Links in my signature.