cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow backup job

fristy_guy
Level 3
Hi All,

I am having a Netbackup 6 MP4 version for backing up my Teradata database. We are working on windows platform and have 6 BAR servers + 1 NMS. I wanted to perform my yearly backups, there is a different policies for yearly backup which already exists. The change which i have done is created a new ODBC instance to carry out the yearly backup and have added the datasource entry in the TDconfig file which reflect the yearly policy name in it. After this i created the multistream backup job for my database

Normally when the job is ran with original instance it takes around 5 hrs to backup 9 TB of data. But using the new instance which i had created the backup job is running for more than 7 1/2 hrs and have backed up only 2.8 TB.

Am i missing something here, should there have been any additional parameter change to be carried out.
1 REPLY 1

Tim_Miller
Level 4
Couple questions:

1. Why did you need to create a new ODBC instance? Are you using different nodes? We use the same ODBC instance and run a seperate script or alter the script to use the yearly retention policy.

2. Are the ODBC settings the same as in your other instance?