cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting over with barcodes

Stanleyj
Level 6
My netbackup environment is finally about to live after being in the design phase for 2 months. I would like to expire all my images and remove the tapes from the database so that I may start at 001 on my barcodes. I now the bpexpdate -ev 000502 -d 0 -force -host command but this just expires the images right? Does this also delete the tape from the database so that i may replace the barcode? The tapes I am currently using were pieced together just for testing and all of the barcodes are random.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

You can expire all your images on the tapes but it will not change the barcode/media-id

Do you have physical barcodes on your tapes?

You can.

1) eject all tapes from library.

2) right click and delete all tapes from NB.

3) remove old barcode and put on your new ones

4) inject tapes into the robot

5) bplabel - you will then have to use bplabel ( or right click and label - without checking media id)

this is because when a tape is use the barcode is written to the beginging of each tape.  If the barcode does not match the media id NB will NOT use it and freeze it.  So you will have to belabel them to write the new barcode on the tape as the media id.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

You can expire all your images on the tapes but it will not change the barcode/media-id

Do you have physical barcodes on your tapes?

You can.

1) eject all tapes from library.

2) right click and delete all tapes from NB.

3) remove old barcode and put on your new ones

4) inject tapes into the robot

5) bplabel - you will then have to use bplabel ( or right click and label - without checking media id)

this is because when a tape is use the barcode is written to the beginging of each tape.  If the barcode does not match the media id NB will NOT use it and freeze it.  So you will have to belabel them to write the new barcode on the tape as the media id.

Stanleyj
Level 6
That did the trick. I was able to expire the images put new barcodes on the tapes and then get them updated with bplabel.