cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 1 Logs

mmartini443
Level 3

Hello everybody.

I'm having the following issue, after NB finish a specific backup, it show me this.

error.png

What I need to know is if there is some log that shows me which files are not backed up to send that info to the auditory department.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Thanks for telling us that this is SQL backup. This changes the picture once again. You need to look at all the jobs that are running for this Db client. If multiple databases are backed up, then there will be a parent job and a child job for each Db. If one of the child jobs fail, the parent job will exit with status 1. You need to look at that particular failed child job for failure reason. The db name can be seen in Overview tab. More info about the failure will be logged in dbclient log on SQL client. This log folder does not exist by default and must be created.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

I believe the issue is the failed email attempt. It is considered a part of the job and since it failed on it then you got a 1.

mmartini443
Level 3

Yes, that is right. But at the end, say that some files were busy or unaccesible.

I need to know which of those files weren't backed up to audit them.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Scroll up in the Detailed Status window to see the files that could not be accessed.  I'm with Andrew, there may be none in this event. 

Marianne
You can also run Problem Report for this client to see filenames that were skipped (if any).

Marianne
I had another look at the screenshot - nothing was backed up and the process on the client that reported issue is bphdb. So - this is a database backup? This means a failure. Backup script failed with status 1 and this was passed on to NBU with same status code and incorrectly interpreted as 'partially successful '. You need to work with dba on the client to check script and output.

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

Yup. Missed that one Marianne. The eyes are getting weak.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Whoa, I can't read that tiny print?  8:)

mmartini443
Level 3

Yes, this is a DB backup.
If I'm not misunderstanding what you say is that NB receive with error the script execution.
I'll talk with the DBA to run manually the backup script on the SQL to check if it fails.

Will_Restore
Level 6

Check log file on the SQL client:

Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\logs\mssql_backup_failures

Marianne
Thanks for telling us that this is SQL backup. This changes the picture once again. You need to look at all the jobs that are running for this Db client. If multiple databases are backed up, then there will be a parent job and a child job for each Db. If one of the child jobs fail, the parent job will exit with status 1. You need to look at that particular failed child job for failure reason. The db name can be seen in Overview tab. More info about the failure will be logged in dbclient log on SQL client. This log folder does not exist by default and must be created.

mmartini443
Level 3

Thanks for all your answers.

I'll check this out with the DBA and then post an update about the situation.

mmartini443
Level 3

The problem was solved taking into consideration what Marianne said.

One of the SQL Server backups was failing and that's why the job ended with status 1.

After we solved that problem, the job started to end with status 0.

Thanks to everybody for your help.