cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 190 & DSSU Warning

l33tpfy
Level 3
Some things to watch out for when implementing DSSU... I'm hoping this will save a few people some time. I actually don't have a question to post right now.

• You may see Status 190's if you're trying to duplicate to more copies than the Global settings permit.

- A quick example that I can share from my recent experience is this: Having multiple copies configured prior to the DSSU to stay in my Tape Library and another for offsite, I actually configured the DSSU to do the same thing which created ANOTHER 2 copies. Total of 4 now. Well it tried and failed each time with status 190 because the global copy max was set to 3. There's a little bit more to it, but I just want to remind people that whatever weird config you have setup to check to make sure that something as simple as the copy maximum could give you a 190. 

• The multiple copies issue also ended up affecting the expiration of images. So anyways, if you need to delete images from the DSSU use the expire feature through the catalog search. It will remove the expired image for you instantly. It's a manual process but it helped me out.

Well, i'll add the rest of my obstacles up here this week so it's available for other people to search.

0 REPLIES 0