cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status 196

Rithesh
Level 4
Hi experts,

My weekly full backup fails for one particular exchange client with 196.
But when I take a manual backup it will complete with in half an hour successfully. After that again the 196 error pops up. The restart /resume job tab is diasbled when i try to restart the job too. Somebody please explain why these happens?

I already extended the window for 2 days, but no luck.

Please advice.

Thanks
Ritz.
6 REPLIES 6

scorpy_582
Level 6
What is the netbackup version?

You said that if you run manually, it runs fine.
When the scheduled job runs, how far does it go?
What do you see in activity monitor?
Does it get all the resources and start writing to tape?

If it does, then check the bptm and bpbkar log..

I would suggest to re-verify your policy configuration and my be target the backup to a different storage unit.

Nitin_bhosale
Level 3
Ritz,

>>Is this the issue with this client alone ?
>>What is the staus of drives (vmoprcmd o/p)when a automatic scheduled bkp is kicked off?  are they UP and available ?
>>If this is a SSO environment then its highly likely that the drives its sharing are heavily utilized during the backup window.

Please provide some more information regarding the issue......

Cheers

rj_nbu
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
hi,

what is your backup schedule ? Does it span midnight ?

Also what is your backup selection ? have you specified NEW_STREAM in the backup selection ?

-Rajeev

Shashank
Level 4
Dear Ritesh,

Has the backup size get increase in GB ,if it get increase then backup will not get completed during scheduled time.Therfore if possible can you increase backup window. 

Derek_682
Level 3

I As backup grows and exceeds the backup window, you will get this type of error. Increasing the backup window as what Shashank recommended earlier worked for me.

Cheers!

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
There are some known issues that cause the 196's.

So report the version you are running and how your policy is set up.

Search the tech site for the 196 and see if any of the know issues is your problem.