Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange issue after dissimilar BMR

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

HI All,

Environment : windows 2008-R2

Today we sawn a strange issue after the BMR recovery to one of the machine ( Dissimilar hardware). During recovery all the files has been restored successfuly but at the time of first reboot it comes upto booting point and displays that " booting from C:\ drive" below this line with a letter "J" .  It will stop at this point and won't boot. If anybody come accross this issue please let me know.

Regards,

rajesh

22 REPLIES 22

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

HI Suchitra,

I aggree with the comments but my concern is if you see on the above screen both on the source and destination machine has "smart array P400 controller"  but why it has automatically selected ""smart array P410i controller"  instead of P400 driver ?

If it would have selected driver for P400 then it would have worked at the first attempt but why it has selected P410 i drivers which was not at the source machine nor on the destination machine ?

Regards,

Rajesh

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Rajesh

I believe that this is a Windows thing rather than BMR doing this.

The driver set exists in the backup image when the server was backed up - within its file system and its system state.

So the driver set of the original will always be available - you just need to make sure that the appropriate one for the target machine is also available and added to the package.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

Thanks Mark and Suchitra !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!