cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To make changes in the client properties from the netbackup client

Soniya
Level 4

I am configuring a new webhost server for Sharepoint backup and I need to amke changes in Host Properties - Clients on the Master server, under the Windows Client - SharePoint section. But as this is a webhost server am unable to connect to it from Host Properties - Clients .Is there any other way I can make the same changes from the client server ? Netbackp version 7.5.0.6

8 REPLIES 8

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you can't contact the master server, you cant initiate restore from the client. Better to fix the connection issues first. 

Ensure port 1556 is open in both directions for both Windows Firewall and network based firewall.

Soniya
Level 4

Appreciate your quick response Nicolai. I will check on the network settings. Meanwhile can you tell me if we have any option from the client server for this ?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

That will be manual registry updates. 

Can you compare with another Sharepoint server Netbackup registry settings ?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I agree with Nicolai - fix connectivity issues. Even bpresolver may have issues when there is a connectivity problem.

Ensure that port 1556 is open in both directions and that forward and reverse name lookup is working in all directions.

Soniya
Level 4

Nicolai, this is the first share point server which we are configuring. So I do not have any server to compare 

Soniya
Level 4

Marianne, thanks for the response. I am engaging Network team to look into this

Soniya
Level 4

However, I tested the restore for another Webhost server which is not connecting from the host properties client and it is successful.I am able to backup the servers , the only issue is unable to connect it from  host properties client.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

If you are using the Windows Administrative GUI, the gui will connect to the client directly.

Try using the Netbackup Java for Windows. This GUI initiates network session from the master server.