cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a list of all backed-up files with v5.1 on Windows

Chris_Clemson
Level 2
Hi everyone,
I have done a search of this forum about this, and several people have already asked this question, but it seems the answers are for different versions of NetBackup or for unix clients.

I have bplist.exe available, but it seems that you still need to know the client name.
I'm after a list of particular folder names from all clients being backed up.
In particular, I want to see how many i386 directories are being backed up, and where they are on each client, so I can then try and write some standard exclusion rules.
Any ideas how I could do this?
Thank you,

Chris

5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6
This is a lot of work through NetBackup. I suggest you seek another solution. Interrogate on the clients for the locations of the folders. The windows admin should be able to supply you the outputs.

Chris_Clemson
Level 2
Hi Bob, thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, we have 72 clients, and we /are/ the admins :(
Thanks anyway,

Chris

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
Create a list of all the clients you want to query and just use a 'for' loop with bplist .. wouldn't that work?

FOR %A IN (list) DO command [ parameters ]

-nk

Chris_Clemson
Level 2
Yes, that sounds like the only way to do it, which is what I'm trying to do now.
Thanks,

Chris

Chris_Clemson
Level 2
Below are the batch files I created:

FILELIST.BAT
------------
@echo off
set /p STARTDATE=Enter start date (MM/DD/YYYY):
set /p ENDDATE=Enter end date (MM/DD/YYYY):
set /p SEARCH=Enter filename to search for:
set /p PARTIAL=Partial filename (Y/N)?:
if "%FILENAME%"=="" set FILENAME=filelist
echo The results will be saved into %FILENAME%.txt
if EXIST %FILENAME%.txt echo NOTE: File already exists
pause
del "%FILENAME%.txt"
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpclclients.exe" |sed -f clients.sed |gawk  '{ print $3 }' > clients.txt

if "%PARTIAL%"=="N" for /f %%i in ('type clients.txt') do call clientlist.bat %%i %STARTDATE% %ENDDATE% %SEARCH% %FILENAME%
if "%PARTIAL%"=="n" for /f %%i in ('type clients.txt') do call clientlist.bat %%i %STARTDATE% %ENDDATE% %SEARCH% %FILENAME%
if "%PARTIAL%"=="Y" for /f %%i in ('type clients.txt') do call clientlist.bat %%i %STARTDATE% %ENDDATE% *%SEARCH%* %FILENAME%
if "%PARTIAL%"=="y" for /f %%i in ('type clients.txt') do call clientlist.bat %%i %STARTDATE% %ENDDATE% *%SEARCH%* %FILENAME%
set STARTDATE=
set ENDDATE=
set SEARCH=
SET FILENAME=
SET PARTIAL=

CLIENTLIST.BAT
--------------
echo %1 >> "%5.txt"
echo -------------------------  >> "%5.txt"
"C:\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\bplist.exe" -C %1 -R -PI -I -s %2 -e %3 "%4" >>"%5.txt"
echo.  >> "%5.txt"

Please note that dates need to be in US format :(
The search text is not case sensitive, but will not search with wildcards unless you answer y to the "Partial filename" question.
The output will be saved to FILELIST.TXT unless you "SET FILENAME=something" beforehand.

I hope this makes sense!

Chris