cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two full backup schedules, in same Policy with Accelerator

kybeer
Level 5

Hi!

Is it possible to have two full backup schedules in one policy, that have Accelerator enabled? The two full backups will go to different MSDP pools on different Media servers. One of the full bacukps is indended to run one a week at the "main site", and the other once a month to a remote site. Will this make Accelerator go nuts? Multiple copies are not available as an option since the MSDP pools are on different Media servers..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The target storage can be another Media server. 

I have also said so in you other post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/replicate-full-backups-remote-site#comment-9230161

Please read through the series of HOWTO docs - link in above post.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marianne
Level 6

Multiple copies are not available as an option since the MSDP pools are on different Media servers..

Why not config SLP to perform the monthly backup to local MSDP and then duplicate to remote MSDP?

kybeer
Level 5

Yes, but with SLP you cannot choose to just replicate the full backups in you policys, right? You need to select everything in the MSDP pool, and replicate it to another MSDP pool?

Is it even possible to have two full backups in one Accelerator enabled policy? Will the checkbox "Accelerator Forced Rescan" make a new baseline full backup (I really con't understand the explenation in the manual)?

With multiple copies, I was referring to the Shedule Option, that is greyed out if the stg pools are on different Media servers.

Marianne
Level 6

SLP can replicate the Monthly backup only to remote site.

You simply select the SLP as storage destination in the Monthly schedule.

kybeer
Level 5

Thanks for fast the reply! Having read the manual SLP seemed a bit over complicated for this solution, but I'll certenly have another look.

Is it a requirement that the Target storage server is another Master Server? Again, I found the manual a bit confusing.

Marianne
Level 6

The target storage can be another Media server. 

I have also said so in you other post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/replicate-full-backups-remote-site#comment-9230161

Please read through the series of HOWTO docs - link in above post.