cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add second MSDP on media server

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

I have a running setup of NB7.1 , and now I configured one Media server deduplication pool with 2TB partition (Win2K8 R2) .

But I our setup data size is around 8-10 TB , I have available storage , just want to know how can I add more MSDP pool with another available partition.

Or how to make one pool with 10 TB size.

Thanks in advance

NEERAJ MEHTA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Check deduplicationn guide. You can configure only one Deduplication storage server on each host, and only one storage path for each Deduplication storage server. http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3657 Page 23 Only one storage server exists for each NetBackup deduplication node. Page 54 Only one deduplication storage path can exist on a media server. You cannot add another storage path to increase capacity beyond 32 TBs. To grow capacity, grow existing volume with newly added disk if possible. You have to convrert disks to 'Dynamic Disk' to expand volume with multiple physical disks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Check deduplicationn guide. You can configure only one Deduplication storage server on each host, and only one storage path for each Deduplication storage server. http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3657 Page 23 Only one storage server exists for each NetBackup deduplication node. Page 54 Only one deduplication storage path can exist on a media server. You cannot add another storage path to increase capacity beyond 32 TBs. To grow capacity, grow existing volume with newly added disk if possible. You have to convrert disks to 'Dynamic Disk' to expand volume with multiple physical disks.

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

Thanks Yasuhisa for your reply.

Please advice how can I add 32TB capacity with windows 2008 64 bit media server. If I want to add only one storage path of 32TB , because in Win2K8 having limitaion of 2TB only.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When you add a new disk right click on the root part of the volume and select convert to GPT - this allows larger than 2TB volumes to be created

#edit# When you format it selected the largest block size available to increase performance

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

16 Exabytes I believe - but on Windows and NTFS I wouldnt go that big!

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

Thanks a lot Mark....

I got it .............

NEERAJ_MEHTA
Level 4

Thanks Mark ,

What is maximum size of disk I can use..

Thanks .