cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to browse oracle templates on AIX LPAR

jucagol
Level 2

Environment:

Netbackup 7.1 server on windows server 2008 R2 STD x64 (IBM Xseries)

Netbackup client on AIX LPAR 6 (IBM Power7)

Connection either ethernet and optical fiber

Oracle v10g

Issue:

After reinstalling netbackup server on the master server I can´t browse the oracle templates made in the past without any problem in the client side. In the logs (located in/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/dbext/oracle)  we can appreciate an "insufficient privileges" problem:

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
INF - RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
INF - RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
INF - ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
INF - Recovery Manager complete.
INF - End of Recovery Manager output.
INF - End Oracle Recovery Manager.

We have checked user connection to databse and it´s ok, we have also checked the dba role for sys user. We have ran the java console in the client side and in the server side and both have same behaviour, impossible to browse the oracle instances. We can browse the machine files in the standard view.

We have review the hosts file, oratab file, nb.conf and aparently everything it´s alright.

We access in tha java console with root user, we have checked with oracle user and it behaves in the same way.

I need some help

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It seems your oracle user does not have sufficient privileges to take backup.
Check if you can take backup into DISK on RMAN without NetBackup.

jucagol
Level 2

How can I check to take backup without netbackup, for instance with microsoft backup tool?

Please,  I need more details to check the solution.

Thanks.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Run like below on rman prompt. Male sure you run rman command with user you specified on your backup script or backup template. RUN { allocate channel t1 type disk; backup format '/path_where_you_want_to_write_backu/%d_t%t_s%s_p%p' DATABASE; Release channel t1; }