cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Server List for multiple servers via command line

MILB65
Level 4
All

Just want to thank you in advanced for any assistance provided.

I need to change the server's list on over 800 Windows clients.  I know that you can do it via the GUI, or via the registry of the server itself.  However do to the number of hosts, it can take days to do so, I was wondering if anyone knows a way to accomplish this via the CLI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can select multiple clients and update them simultaneously - I have personally done that by selecting about 50 clients at a time.

To do it from cli, read up on bpsetconfig. Just be very careful - I managed to mess up Server list completely on one particular client  when I first attempted this - I thought I could simply ADD more server entries, but instead it replaced the current Server list. The entire server list must be supplied with bpsetconfig.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You can select multiple clients and update them simultaneously - I have personally done that by selecting about 50 clients at a time.

To do it from cli, read up on bpsetconfig. Just be very careful - I managed to mess up Server list completely on one particular client  when I first attempted this - I thought I could simply ADD more server entries, but instead it replaced the current Server list. The entire server list must be supplied with bpsetconfig.