Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User creation on netbackup master server

Automation2015
Level 4
Partner

Hi Experts,

I need to add  20 users in admin group.I dont want to use the GUi console.is there any way i could create those users through any command for all those 20 users via script.

Regards

Automation 2015

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

There is no Netbackup command to add/remove users form auth.conf - that would be easy to use for automating.

If you append 1 or 20 lines to to auth.conf is pretty forward and the same proecdure.

According to the NBU admin guide (Authorization file (auth.conf) characteristics) page 1112, you can only specify individual in auth.conf and not OS groups.

There is only one auth.conf fiel in Netbackup - /use/openv/java/auth.conf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Are you talking about the auth.conf here or NBAC?

Automation2015
Level 4
Partner

auth.conf

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

its a text file, so if you just append to it you should be OK

e.g. 

echo "NMA ADMIN=JBP JBP=ENDUSER+BU+ARC" >> /usr/openv/java/auth.conf

Automation2015
Level 4
Partner

So i have to append for each user.I need to add 20 users in one go is it possible via scripting.That i could fire a command from my linux master server.And it could add those guys in admin group of netbackup.And it updates auth.conf file for each user?

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

There is no Netbackup command to add/remove users form auth.conf - that would be easy to use for automating.

If you append 1 or 20 lines to to auth.conf is pretty forward and the same proecdure.

According to the NBU admin guide (Authorization file (auth.conf) characteristics) page 1112, you can only specify individual in auth.conf and not OS groups.

There is only one auth.conf fiel in Netbackup - /use/openv/java/auth.conf