cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCB Restores failing

demasoni
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

I am running NBU 6.5.3 on both master and VCB proxy media server with a PDDO target. The VCB framework version is 1.5 and Converter 4.0.2. I am able to run backups successfully using snapshot method 2, and I am able to browse backups - both file level and vmdk level, however when initiate a re-directed file or vmdk restore I am quickly getting a status 5. When I dig through the media server bpbrm and bptm logs I see the following snips in bpbrm

------------

bpbrm main: child exit abnormal - status = 252

bpbrm Exit: client restore EXIT STATUS 252: extended error status has been encountered, check logs

-----------

in bptm i see the following

----------

EndpointSelector::success: --- EXITING --- : obj = 00EFE260 (Endpoint_Selector.cpp:490)
packageInitialResourceRequestResult: totalNumberOfAllocations == 1
packageInitialResourceRequestResult: retVal =    800
RequestInitialResources: MultiResReq.cpp:2268 resource request failed [800]
RequestInitialResources: retVal = 800    emmStatus = 2005010
RequestInitialResources: returning
nbjm_media_request: Error from RequestMultipleResources, Master chdcbackup, error 800, resourceAllocated 0
set_job_details: Sending Tfile jobid (128)
set_job_details: LOG 1234381427 16 bptm 3996 NBJM returned an extended error status: resource request failed (800)
-----------

I have created the altnames\No.Restrictions file and have tried restores from both the master and media/proxy server with the same result. All servers are in DNS, and long and short names are in the hosts file(s) on the master and media/proxy server. The account used to communicate between the Virtual Center server and Master and the account configured for the proxy have datacenter admin rights.

So, I guess the question is, why are they failing and how do i fix it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I got exactly the same configuration (VCB + PDDO) and the same issue ... Please, say me if you solved your issue and how ...

Bye

Frankie_Ng
Level 3

Hello all, I also have to setup the exactly same configuration, would you tell me the deduplication ratio while using VCB + PDDO and snapshot level 2, as I was told that the dedup ratio will be very low while using level 2, thanks very much

Regards,

Clieman

Hello,

I got exactly the same configuration (VCB + PDDO) and the same issue ... Please, say me if you solved your issue and how ...

Bye

Frankie_Ng
Level 3

Hello all, just find this KB http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/314596.htm , please see if it can help, thanks

Regards,

Clieman

Hello,

Bye