cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCS for Exchange 2010 and NetBackup.

smart2011
Level 4

Hi,
we have recently created cluster of Exchange 2010 Sp1 by using VERTIAS CLUSTER SERVER (VCS) 5.1 SP2.

There are two servers in VCS and we are using A/P node for the Exchange.

we have also scheduled backup polices for Exchange 2010. as we are not using DAG backup is hectic. if we add both active passive node then backup job will give error message for the server where database is not mounted.

if we add active server in selection list then after fail-over backup will fail and we have to edit selection list manually.

Any one you have deployed the same setup? i'll appreciate if you can share how can i overcome this.

3 REPLIES 3

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Smart2011,

You question is something the you should post on the NetBackup forum.  I'm not sure you will get much response on backup questions here even when you are asking how to backup a clustered Exchange 2010 database.  Backup expertise is not on this forum.

Thanks,

Wally

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should only use the virtual hostname in the policy.

Please see the NBU for Exchange manual: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127056

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Sorry, Marianne, that is not going to work with Exchange 2010. We have changed how we cluster Exchange with Exchange 2010.  There is no Lanman resource an Exchange 2010 service group so you cannot point the backup to a virtual server name.  As such, the technote that you listed is outdated for Exchange 2010 configurations.

Smart2011 will need to contact the NetBackup forum or open a Support case with the NetBack team to determine how they will backup Exchange 2010 on a SFW-HA cluster now.

Thanks,

Wally