Did you mean: 

VM backups fail on SNAPSHOT

Willie_SA
Level 6
Partner Accredited

NetBackup 7.1

Master server       Windows 2008         Virtual

Media server        Windows 2008          Physical

Attempting to build/run VMWare backups via policy. To make VM backups directly to tape VIA the SAN.

Done Zoning, VCentre credentials and build VMWare policy.

When running policy the job starts and afterwards kick off Child jobs for every VM host.

Tape drive and tape is selected.

Then jobs fail with :

ERR - Error opening the snapshot disks using given transport mode: Status 23.AND

AND

2012/11/07 01:55:52 PM - Critical bpbrm(pid=5940) from client PRAGPPVCT01: FTL - snapshot creation failed, status 156  

2012/11/07 01:55:53 PM - Warning bpbrm(pid=5940) from client PRAGPPVCT01: WRN - ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES is not frozen   

5 REPLIES 5

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Plese post the bpfis log with Verbose = 5

thesanman
Level 6

Can you post the whole job log please?   You have cut and pasted bits but I'm unsure when the first error is in the sequence.

From vCenter; do you see the snapshot get created?

I have seen the "not frozen" error before.  In my case I think it was something wrong in vCenter.

Willie_SA
Level 6
Partner Accredited

When I start the job, there are an initial job being kicked of, and then about 15 jobs for the VM hosts.

Do you want me to attach the original first job and then 1 of the child jobs' full log?

thesanman
Level 6

Just a child log (where the error occurrs) should be fine to start with.

You say there is a parent job; this would be an auto select job right?

Willie_SA
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I pushed the client software afresh to the VCentre and it seems the error condition is resolved.

I do have a code 200 error now:

scheduler found no backups due to run(200)

But let me open a new Activity for that one - just to avoid confution.

Thank you