cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.0 vault issue

ericmagallanes
Level 3

Hi All,

I would like to seek your assistance regarding NBU Vaulting, the scenario is I had a backup 27th of October and I wanted to vault these images as my offsite copy, the problem is it is not detecting the images. I have change the parameters in the vault job where I have specified backup source between 23 days, 0hrs and 7 days 0 hours but still no luck, is there something I am missing to vault the images on 27th of October?

Appreciate your response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Perhaps it has already already been vaulted at some point in which case vault will not duplicate it again as it knows that it has already been done.

If you just need a single or two images vaulting - or at least duplicating - I would suggest using the duplicate option in the catalog section of the adminstration console rather than try and get vault to do it for you.

That allows selection of the image in question and the destination, tape etc.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sksujeet
Level 6

Just put the 45 days, need not to be exactly same as it won't duplicate the images which are already duplicated.

Also make sure in the profile you are selecting below options correctly.

clients
Backup Types
Media Servers
Backup Policies
Schedules
Retention levels

watsons
Level 6

Make it 30 days or more like sazz mentioned, make sure your selections are correct - and if it still does not pick up that image, check the logs to find out why that image didn't get selected.

/usr/openv/netbackup/vault/sessions/<vault name>/<sessionID>/details.log

ericmagallanes
Level 3

Hi guys,

sorry for taking time.. I cannot just put 45 or 30 days because it will duplicate all the images, I only need the backup taken on 6/10/2012 and the other backup is 27/10/2012. I have tried to specify the period start and end to 23 and 7 days for 27th October backup but it did not vault any backup image. I have verfied the image from the catalog and its still there.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Perhaps it has already already been vaulted at some point in which case vault will not duplicate it again as it knows that it has already been done.

If you just need a single or two images vaulting - or at least duplicating - I would suggest using the duplicate option in the catalog section of the adminstration console rather than try and get vault to do it for you.

That allows selection of the image in question and the destination, tape etc.

Hope this helps