cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Catalog pool

Not applicable
I make a multiple copy with Vault catalog, my strategy is I send a tape offsite with volume VaultCatalogBackup pool and the other insite with volume CatalogBackup pool. In my preparation of Vault session, I indicate only the offsite to him to eject the cassette. But, they is the 2 tapes coming from the 2 pool volume which is ejected. How to keep a tape inside and other offsite?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified
"Vault Catalog Backup" by itself means that you do not want to keep onsite copies.

In 6.5, by default, Catalog backups are written to the volume pool CatalogBackup using the policy NBU-Catalog.

If you intend to keep Onsite and Offsite copies, here is a sampe config...

Schedule           Retention         Frequency

FULL                  1 Month           1 Week

DINC                  1 Month           1 day

Vault                 1 Month           ----- (cannot assign frequency)

Create a new pool and set it as catalog backup pool as follows

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -create -pn OnsiteCatalog -description "Onsite Catalog Tapes"

and then....

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -set_catalog_backup OnsiteCatalog

Now, use the OnsiteCatalog pool for the FULL and DINC schedules and CatalogBackup(default pool) for vaulting Catalog Backups.

Points to Note:

- Vault Schedule is invoked when Catalog Backup is trigger from the Vault Profile.

- Vault scheduled catalog backups are FULL catalog backups

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

there are many ways, has having different barcode kind of A for Offsite and B Insite, this can make it easy for everyone, no way you can do this, split the jobs, one ejects tapes every day (offsite) and the other every weeke (insite) this will they will know which ones are, also do it at different time hours, I dont know there are many ways in the end is just how you handle the medias and keep track of them, but for netbackup are just catalog tapes, you are the ones who need to take of the differencies.

hope this helps.

regards

Manoj_Siricilla
Level 4
Certified
"Vault Catalog Backup" by itself means that you do not want to keep onsite copies.

In 6.5, by default, Catalog backups are written to the volume pool CatalogBackup using the policy NBU-Catalog.

If you intend to keep Onsite and Offsite copies, here is a sampe config...

Schedule           Retention         Frequency

FULL                  1 Month           1 Week

DINC                  1 Month           1 day

Vault                 1 Month           ----- (cannot assign frequency)

Create a new pool and set it as catalog backup pool as follows

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -create -pn OnsiteCatalog -description "Onsite Catalog Tapes"

and then....

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmpool -set_catalog_backup OnsiteCatalog

Now, use the OnsiteCatalog pool for the FULL and DINC schedules and CatalogBackup(default pool) for vaulting Catalog Backups.

Points to Note:

- Vault Schedule is invoked when Catalog Backup is trigger from the Vault Profile.

- Vault scheduled catalog backups are FULL catalog backups

Hope this helps!