cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veritas Vault Reports?

M_Kimler
Level 2
I have configured my system to perform duplication Vault jobs. This process seems to work properly, but the problem I am having is that when I go to view the Vault Reports, I get no results for the search. I have checked with the report "Images On Media" and see that images are indeed copied to the tapes used in the Vault operation. I really want to be able to see through the Vault reports what was vaulted specifically and when they will expire and so forth.

I'm not sure what kind of information I should be posting on the environment that would help others assist me in this matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Matt

3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6
Let's start with the NetBackup version and the platform you are running the vault on.

M_Kimler
Level 2
Veritas Netbackup Enterprise 6.0 MP4 all running on Windows 2003 Standard R2.

There are two servers in the environment.

1 x Master and Media Server
1 x Media Server

Both used the shared storage option to control 4 LTO3 drives via fiber.

Storage unit is a Quantum/ADIC Scalar i2000.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Try this:

Generating Reports by Using the vlteject Command

You can use the vltejectcommand with the -report option to generate reports from the command line. The following is the syntax for the command that generates all reports that have not yet been generated:

vlteject -report

You also can specify a robot, vault, profile, or session for which to generate reports.

182 NetBackup Vault System Administrator’s Guide Generating Reports

If the corresponding eject process has been completed, pending reports from the sessions selected are generated and distributed. The reports will not be generated again if vltejectis run again. If eject has not been completed, the subset of reports that do not depend on completion of eject will be generated; these reports will be generated again if vlteject-report is run again after eject has been completed.

The following is the format of the vlteject command:

vlteject -eject -report -preview [-profile profile_name] [-robot robot_name] [-vault vault_name [-sessionid id]] [-auto y|n] [-eject_delay seconds] [-legacy]

The vlteject command resides in the following directory:

UNIX: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin

Windows: install_path\NetBackup\bin

For more information about the vlteject command, see the NetBackup Commands for UNIX or NetBackup Commands for Windows manual.

To generate reports by using the vlteject command

1. In a terminal or command window, change to the directory in which the vlteject command resides.
  2. Invoke the command, using the appropriate options and parameters.

IF this works go the Netbackup Vault Admin Guide pages 182-206 to configure you vault properly.

Hope this helps.

Regards