Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vtl not getting exports req from nbu

koya
Level 4

Hi All,

i'm trying to exports the virtual tapes from vtl through vmchange command

but vtl unable to get expport req from nbu..

please advise me

Thanks in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Export = eject?

Please post your vmchange command.

I’m obviously missing something: Virtual tapes are exactly what it says – virtual. Since it is pre-allocated space on disk and not real tape, I don’t understand how or why you want to eject it… By the sounds of it, NetBackup doesn’t understand either…

Have you asked the VTL vendor if this can be done? Remember, all NetBackup does is to send the instruction to the physical robot.

Please help me understand what you’re trying to accomplish.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Export = eject?

Please post your vmchange command.

I’m obviously missing something: Virtual tapes are exactly what it says – virtual. Since it is pre-allocated space on disk and not real tape, I don’t understand how or why you want to eject it… By the sounds of it, NetBackup doesn’t understand either…

Have you asked the VTL vendor if this can be done? Remember, all NetBackup does is to send the instruction to the physical robot.

Please help me understand what you’re trying to accomplish.

Rajesh_s1
Level 6
Certified

VTL works similar to physical library depending on the functionality provided by VTL side..

Check out you have defined free ports for exporting in VTL side. If there is no free ports defined then you cant able to move tapes to cap... 

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

I suppose export of VTL tapes might be connected with TVL to VTL replication ability. Could you please sched some light on why you want to export virtual tapes?