cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is NB7.5 Master Server for RedHat?

zeekstern
Level 3

I downloaded NetBackup_7.5_zLinuxR.tar.gz to install on a RedHat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.4. Early in the installation process it comes out with a message stating something like "the master server software could not be found". This is not the exact message as I attempted the installation a week or two ago. I was in the root directory of the netbackup software where the install script is located.

I went through the NB directory and found the client software etc but nothing pertaining to the Server. Apparently it must be in a different package. Anyone know where it is hiding?

This is our only Linux box and I didn't have much of a choice of Linux packages to download so I am confused. I checked the compatability list and this version is supported according to what I have read.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

Right, what you probably want is  NetBackup_7.5_LinuxR_x86_64.tar.qz

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Did you downlaod the file from fileconnect.symantec.com ?

As far as I can reall the zLinuxR is for runnign RedHat on a IBM mainframe. 

Will_Restore
Level 6

Right, what you probably want is  NetBackup_7.5_LinuxR_x86_64.tar.qz

zeekstern
Level 3

Wow. Thank you Nicolai and wr for the quick response. Much appreciated!!

I worked with Support to verify the downloads I needed because I was unable to tell which packages had what in them and I needed a ton of stuff:)) I am not blaming support for anything. They have always been great to me.

Nicolai - Yes, I used fileconnect. How in the world could you tell that it was for IBM? I downloaded a bunch of stuff a few months back so I don't remember what the description said, but will go back and look. So if it was for IBM they will run into the same problem:)) I thought the R in the name stood for RedHat so "NetBackup_7.5_zLinuxR.tar.gz" seemed like it should have had everything I need for a RedHat installation.

Wr - Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly try it out. I was getting ready to blow the Redhat install away and just stand up a Windows master instead.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There is also a text file on the FileConnect download page with all of this information...

Will_Restore
Level 6

The R suffix signifies RedHat alright but the z prefix signifies z-series archichecture

For Intel machines you want the one without the z prefix.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

What I would have said cool