cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Event Viewer Logging Option

IP_Freely
Level 4
Greetings. Do you know if the install_path\NetBackup\db\config\eventlog works in NBU5.1 MP4? I have not used it since the 4.5 days. I am unsure if it's a valid configuration on the 5.1 platform. I am needing more granularity on my event log writes.

Thanks in adavance,
IP
1 REPLY 1

Stumpr2
Level 6
It is still listed in the Troubleshooting guide for 5.1

Windows Event Viewer Logging Option
NetBackup Windows master servers can be configured so messages from NetBackup reports are written to the Windows Event Viewer Application Log. This allows you to see these messages in the Application Log and also to use third party tools to monitor the Application Log for these messages.

And in 6.0 the following is added to the description in the TS guide:
To route the unified logging application and diagnostic messages for a given originator to the Windows Event Viewer Application Log, the value of “LogToOslog” should be set to true for that originator. For example, execute the following to route the application and diagnostic messages for nbrb to the Windows event log: vxlogcfg -a -o nbrb -p NB -s "LogToOslog=true

Sorry, I can't say from personal knowledge as I have a UNIX master server :-)Message was edited by:
Bob Stump