cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another bug found in 7.7.3

manatee
Level 6

so i have this backup policy scheduled at 9pm. i changed it, from the GUI console, to be 8pm. it accepted, no errors, and upon double checking seconds later it still shows the new timing.

a few seconds later i happen to select that backup policy by mistake (because i need to change the timing of another policy) i found that the time is back at 9pm!

so before leaving work last night, i again rescheduled it for 8pm. today i found the job ran at 9pm and upon inspecting the schedule is indeed at 9pm!

i never experienced this odd behaviour with 7.6.x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Rino19ny,

Quite possible that is this well known bug in 7.7.3 (with an EEB to fix it):

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109333

It's been discussed a few times in this forum.  I'm on 7.7.3 and ran for a long time without ever seeing it.  Then not long ago I had to change timings on a large number of policies.  All looked good, but went back in later and found they had all reverted.

This resolved it.  Just make sure your Java GUI is closed.  I only run the Java GUI on my Master servers so only had to do it there.  If you are running the Java GUI remotely (say from your PC), then you'll need to update there as well.

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Rino19ny,

Quite possible that is this well known bug in 7.7.3 (with an EEB to fix it):

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000109333

It's been discussed a few times in this forum.  I'm on 7.7.3 and ran for a long time without ever seeing it.  Then not long ago I had to change timings on a large number of policies.  All looked good, but went back in later and found they had all reverted.

This resolved it.  Just make sure your Java GUI is closed.  I only run the Java GUI on my Master servers so only had to do it there.  If you are running the Java GUI remotely (say from your PC), then you'll need to update there as well.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Sujay24
Level 4
Employee

Hi Rino,

This is a known issue in 7.7.3 hence you will to apply the EEB.

Workaround is:-

You can delete the schedule and re add it. This will work.

You can also just go to Policies, expand the policy you want to edit, click schedule then double click the specific schedule you want to change. The issue where the changes aren't saved/commited is only seen when you open the entire policy.

@GeForce123 wrote:

You can also just go to Policies, expand the policy you want to edit, click schedule then double click the specific schedule you want to change. The issue where the changes aren't saved/commited is only seen when you open the entire policy.

hi, no the problem is not cosmetic. the suggested patch fixed it :)

Thank you Marianne. I knew I had already responded to this question before haha.

@manatee my suggestion for the "work around" is for someone that can't install the EEB or the EEB didn't solve the issue. I told you about the EEB and the work around previously.

@GeForce123

indeed Smiley Happy no wonder it looked familiar.

some days really are like that.

thanks all! Smiley LOL