Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpstart_notify.bat & bpend_notify.bat

Colin_North
Level 6
NBU Enterprise Server 5.0 MP4 / Windows 2000 Server
========================================

Hi guys,
I want to run a program before and after a backup runs for one client and plan to use "bpstart_notify.bat & bpend_notify.bat". Has anyone got any experience of using and configuring these files to run other programs?

I have also seen from the Sys Admin Guide that the "Backup Start Notify Timeout (default = 300 seconds)" needs to be modified on the Master Server properties as required. I am not sure how long my program will take to run (will be longer than 300 seconds). Is there a way to tell NBU to ignore this setting?

Colin.
3 REPLIES 3

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
Don't think there is we test our scripts which we use for KVS and set a time scale larger.

Erik_Kater
Level 3
We us this script after a backup job to start services in NB 5.1 on a W2K3 server.
The job has an .bat extension. This job must exist in the %systemroot%\Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin on the client system to work:

@REM bpstart_notify
@ECHO OFF
If EXIST C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\STARTSERVICES.TXT del C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\STARTSERVICES.TXT
If EXIST C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\FIRSTSTREAM.TXT GOTO NOTFIRSTSTREAM
ECHO 1 > %6
ECHO stream_number=%STREAM_NUMBER% stream_count=%STREAM_COUNT% > C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\FIRSTSTREAM.TXT 2>&1
ECHO stream_number=%STREAM_NUMBER% stream_count=%STREAM_COUNT% > C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\BPSTARTSTREAM%STREAM_NUMBER%.TXT 2>&1
REM #############################################################################
REM # PUT FROM HERE THE COMMANDS TO STOP THE SERVICES #
REM #############################################################################
DATE /T > C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\STOPSERVICES.TXT 2>&1
TIME /T >> C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\STOPSERVICES.TXT 2>&1
call D:\Oracle\ora81\database\stopdb.cmd 2>&1
ECHO 0 > %6
GOTO END

:NOTFIRSTSTREAM
C:\progra~1\veritas\netbackup\bin\goodies\nbsleep 20
ECHO stream_number=%STREAM_NUMBER% stream_count=%STREAM_COUNT% > C:\Progra~1\Veritas\scripts\BPSTARTSTREAM%STREAM_NUMBER%.TXT 2>&1
ECHO 0 > %6

:END

scott_nishimura
Level 3
Simply modify

BPSTART_TIMEOUT = 300
BPEND_TIMEOUT = 300

in your bp.conf.

Scott