cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catriage size

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi ,

Can anyone help me to find out the catriage size in netbackup. I have allocated catriage in our environment I don't know what is the size remaining.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Look at the media  part of the GUI, it will show how many GB there has been written to each cartridge. There is no "remaining capacity" field as the data compression can be very variable and therefor impossible to predict. But a rule of thumb should be tape "capacity * 1.5".

LTO2 : 200*1.5 = 350GB
LTO3 : 400*1.5 = 600GB
LTO4 : 800*1.5 = 1200GB

You may get more you may get less. The media list will also show if tapes are full, partial full or empty (scratch).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
The amount of data you can actually store on a tape depends a lot on the data itself - some data is much more 'suited' to compression than others & in some instances may actually increase in size (e.g. compressing a file that has already undergone compression).

We use LTO3 tapes (400Gb/800Gb) &, if you believe what NetBackup is telling you, our full tapes range from less than 400Gb stored to over 1Tb!

As Nicolai states "There is no remaining capacity"

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Look at the media  part of the GUI, it will show how many GB there has been written to each cartridge. There is no "remaining capacity" field as the data compression can be very variable and therefor impossible to predict. But a rule of thumb should be tape "capacity * 1.5".

LTO2 : 200*1.5 = 350GB
LTO3 : 400*1.5 = 600GB
LTO4 : 800*1.5 = 1200GB

You may get more you may get less. The media list will also show if tapes are full, partial full or empty (scratch).

mubarack_s
Level 6
Thank you buddy