cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

directing a backup via single media server

chrislogo
Level 5
Hi
How can we direct a backup through a particular media server in a policy.
Do i need to take out the media server entried form all the clients which are in those policies and keep only those from where i need to direct a backups.My master server is the host for the all the 4 drives i have out of which 2 drives are shared
2 REPLIES 2

Douglas_A
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Simplest way would be to create a Storage unit group for the one media server and assign your policy to that group.

This will make the policy only use that media server.

Stumpr2
Level 6
"Do i need to take out the media server entried form all the clients which are in those policies and keep only those from where i need to direct a backups."

You misunderstand the population of media server entries in the client's prpoerties. The addition of entries of media servers into that area simpy notify that requests from the servers should be considered valid. if a server attempts to access the client and is not in the listing then the connection will not be allowed. This is for security to make sure that the server is authorized.

The NetBackup policy determines which media server will be used. The storage unit or the storage group is defined in the policy attributes and determines the media server or group of media servers that will be used.