cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doubts

Arun_K
Level 6

1. I have a entry of a client (Arun12) in additional servers on master server.

What will happen on client Arun12?

2. This is same as When we install Master server on windows client and get the option of additional servers when master server name come.Below that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Simple and best suggestion to end up your endless queries.... Give a try in UAT (create a VM and deploy it,,, try everything on it...) Who never knows you might become champ soon ...

BTW A, B, C & D would be listed under servers

But won't act as a media server if they didn't exist :)

So hope to hear something new sparkling hear from your UAT environment.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

chandrasekarmp
Level 4

Hello Arun.. could you please be more specific about what is your issue is?

In Client Registry under ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Server)

Master server Name should appear first and then the Media server names if any available and make sure bpcd and vnetd ports are listening on client and check bptestbpcd goes well before testing any backup

On Master server you just need to add the client in appropriate policy.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

additional servers are for Media server (if any other then master performing media server role, or you wish to add another servers as media server role)

If you do not want other servers to play media server role, you can simply skip filing up additional servers info, but make sure you fill up master server info ;)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

He does not have any issue.... Just a 'what if' question that was already answered here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/restore-5-media-servers#comment-7732371

Dharmendu_Maity
Level 4

Hello Aeun,

The entry treats as media server entry. So Arun12 may act as media server if you mention as media server during the installation on Arun12.

Arun_K
Level 6

2. This is same as When we install Master server on windows client and get the option of additional servers when master server name come.Below that?

@Captain Jack:That additional servers which i asked in point 2(above) will be the list of media servers in my environment?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

you named it correctly (capt. Jack ;)

yeah your assessment is now correct, it would be list of media servers (and or additional servers (remote Admin console ec.) But not CLIENTS

Hence do not add CLIENTS here, add only either (SAN/FT) Media SERVER(s)

Hope this helps

Arun_K
Level 6

so media server software will be automatically installed on this media servers?

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

No, you have to install it yourself.

Arun_K
Level 6

suppose i named A,B,C and D in that tab.

Then what will happen?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Simple and best suggestion to end up your endless queries.... Give a try in UAT (create a VM and deploy it,,, try everything on it...) Who never knows you might become champ soon ...

BTW A, B, C & D would be listed under servers

But won't act as a media server if they didn't exist :)

So hope to hear something new sparkling hear from your UAT environment.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Seems Arun took over with testing on new environment where NIKHIL left off: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/installing-nbu-win-master-servers

Again "Suppose I....", "what will happen", "what if..." questions!

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

ohh now got ya marianne on "what made you create new id ..."