cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drive addition request

Arun_K
Level 6

Hi ALL,

I am very new to this backup environment.I have my 2 weeks trainig as well.Now i am reading NBU manuals and clearing my concepts.

In my live envivronment we have 2 drives added to the library.

What i have to do to add them to NBU?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If shared, ensure all media servers can see new drives at OS level. (For OS-related commands, see NBU Device Configuration Guide .) If dedicated to one media server, verify on that media server.

Verify that NBU can see new devices with commands like 'scan -tape' or 'tpautoconf -t'.

Run Device Config Wizard - see NBU Admin Guide I.  (Command-line version of device config wizard in your other post...)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

Which version of NBU are you using? Also what OS is the Library connected to running?

Arun_K
Level 6

NBU 7.1

Linux  2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Fri Aug 26 18:49:02 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If shared, ensure all media servers can see new drives at OS level. (For OS-related commands, see NBU Device Configuration Guide .) If dedicated to one media server, verify on that media server.

Verify that NBU can see new devices with commands like 'scan -tape' or 'tpautoconf -t'.

Run Device Config Wizard - see NBU Admin Guide I.  (Command-line version of device config wizard in your other post...)

MilesVScott
Level 6
Certified

She beat me to to it. Shes right though!

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Adding to the outstanding post by Marianne, when you run the device wizard you have to select the servers you wish to scan.

You have to select the media server with the new drives, and also, you MUST select the media server that is the robot control host (which might be a separate server).

If you do not do this, the drives will be added as 'standalone' as display as AVR mode.  This is because NBU needs to scan both servers at the same time to work out that the drives are actually in a robot.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH125956

Martin