cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 25 when i allow multiple data streams

Gerardo_Garcia
Level 2
i get many errors 25 and i notice that when i uncheck the allow multiple data streams these error disapear.
what can i do?
6 REPLIES 6

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
What version of Netbackup, What client? Also what kind of schedule?

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
n-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 25 in Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server / NetBackup Enterprise Server 6.0
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/278569.htm

Stumpr2
Level 6
You have to be careful when you use multistreaming. Do NOT multistream folders or drive partitioins that are on the same physical drive. Make sure that the point where you multistream does not cause disk thrashing which could result in a 25 timeout error. I'm not saying this is the cause, but it would behoove you to check it out ;)

Gerardo_Garcia
Level 2
i have NBU 6.0 MP4 on a solaris SO the server is not new it has been working regularly but today the error is looking on all my policies and schedules except in the USERBACKUP on any clients Windows and SolarisMessage was edited by:
Gerardo Garcia

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
Check your /etc/system parameters for shared memory settings.

Installation Guide for UNIX ( http://support.veritas.com/docs/279261 )

◆ For Solaris systems:
There are several kernel-tunable parameters, such as Message Queue, Semaphore, and Shared Memory Parameters, that can affect NetBackup performance. Adjusting these values may prevent your system performance from slowing down or even reaching a deadlock state.For additional information such as parameter definitions and examples, refer to the NetBackup Tuning Guide for UNIX on the VERITAS Support Web site by entering this tuning guide title in the Search field.
◆ Message Queue parameters: It can be necessary to increase the system�s message queue resources to avoid having NetBackup daemons hang.
For example, you may need to make the following changes to the /etc/system file:
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmap=512
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmax=8192
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmnb=65536
set msgsys:msginfo_msgmni=256
set msgsys:msginfo_msgssz=16
set msgsys:msginfo_msgtql=512
set msgsys:msginfo_msgseg=8192
Reboot the system.
◆ Semaphore parameters: On UNIX systems, errors may occur on systems that do not have enough semaphores allocated. System requirements vary; thus, no absolute recommendations can be made. However, the following changes to the /etc/system file should be sufficient for an average system:
set semsys:seminfo_semmap=64
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=300
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=32
set semsys:seminfo_semume=64
You must reboot the system.

◆ To avoid potential shared memory problems, the default buffer size for disk backups has been increased to 256K with this release. If you are performing multiple copies of disk and tape, the default buffer size should, at a minimum, equal the tape buffer size.
If you encounter a system could not allocate enough shared memory error, you should refer to your vendor documentation for instructions on how to increase the amount of shared memory on your system. For Solaris platforms, you can make the following changes to the /etc/systemfile to obtain a sufficient amount of memory.
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777216
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=220
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=100
Note that shminfo_shmminmust be less than or equal to 100.
After making these changes, you must reboot using the boot -r command.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
Check your bptm logs to see if you have something like this -

initializeJmComm: RequestMultipleResources :
failed to initialize ORB: . Verify PBX is running and caller
has permissions to connect to PBX. See PBX logs for details

If you do, your PBX may be running in secure mode and causing contention.
run pbxcfg -p to check PBX configuration.