Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error staging NBAZDB - catalog hotbackup

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi people,

I ran a backup from NBU 7.1.0.1, Windows 2008 R2 on Master and appear this error:

10/10/2011 11:41:44 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=2896) staging relational database files for catalog backup     
10/10/2011 11:41:44 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=2896) staging BMRDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging       
10/10/2011 11:41:45 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=2896) done staging BMRDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging 

10/10/2011 11:41:45 AM - Error bpdbm(pid=2896) error staging NBAZDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging  

10/10/2011 11:41:45 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=2896) staging NBDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging       
10/10/2011 11:41:48 AM - Info bpdbm(pid=2896) done staging NBDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging      
the requested operation was partially successful(1)

The job was successfully completed, but some files may have been
busy or unaccessible. See the problems report or the client's logs for more details.

What Can I do to correct this warning, please.

Tks

Jairo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Jairo

It may be worth a double check with Support as i am unsure of the affect of excluding this database on any Catalog Recovery you may need to do in the future.

It is worth trying out the NBDBADMIN GUI to see how it looks as well as checking that there is nothing obviously wrong with any paths in the \VERITAS\NetBackupDB\conf\databases.conf file.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I am a little surpise that it finishes with a Status 1 and not 2 but it may be worth working through this anyway:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166043

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

but appear this error when I validate NBAZDB

D:\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>nbdb_admin -validate NBAZDB
SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 11.0.1.2472
SQL error (-103) -- Invalid user ID or password
Database [NBAZDB] validation failed.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - so continue down that tech note to set the password correctly

This should then allow the Catalog Backups to work

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I did the catalog backup but appear the same log.....: - (

10/10/2011 11:41:45 AM - Error bpdbm(pid=2896) error staging NBAZDB backup to D:\Veritas\NetBackupDB\staging 

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

did you reset the password?

From Install_path\Veritas\Netbackup\bin

1) Run:
nbdb_admin -dba nbusql
***This should create the missing AZ_DB_PASSWORD password line in vxdbms.conf

2) Run:
nbdb_admin -validate BMRDB; nbdb_admin -validate NBAZDB; nbdb_admin -validate

***This will manually validate all databases.

3) If the validation in #2 succeeds run a hot catalog backup. It should complete successfully for all databases available

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes, I reset the password following the doc that you sent to me.....

but when I validade the nbdb_admin -validate NBAZDB appear an error

SQL Anywhere Validation Utility Version 11.0.1.2472
Database [NBAZDB] validation failed.

So I do not know what I need to do the catalog backup successfully with status 0. : - (

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have often seen 'weird and wonderful' error messages running NBU on W2008. These errors seem to disappear when I open the NBU Admin Console with right-click, Run as Administrator.

If you still get the same error, please log a support call with Symantec Tech Support.

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Marianne,

I ran as Administrator and appeared the same error. So do you think that is better I call to the Symantec Support about it?

Tks

Jairo

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Probably worth a call to support in view of what is happening

You can also run (as administrator of course) the nbdbadmin.exe (in the netbackup\bin\ directory)

This is a graphica interface for all databases - the login is nbusql again

This may provide more information about what is happening

Also - are you OK for disk space etc. on the NetBAckup installation drive?

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I have space on the disk, I will exclude this database NBAZDB on backup. Because this database is new in NBU 7.1 and I do not use nowadays.

Tks to everibody that helps me.....

Jairo

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Jairo

It may be worth a double check with Support as i am unsure of the affect of excluding this database on any Catalog Recovery you may need to do in the future.

It is worth trying out the NBDBADMIN GUI to see how it looks as well as checking that there is nothing obviously wrong with any paths in the \VERITAS\NetBackupDB\conf\databases.conf file.

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

hi Mark,

The path on databases.conf it is ok. I remove the NBAZDB on file vxdbms.conf and it works now......because i do not use this base nowadays...

tks

Jairo

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

OK - if you are happy dont forget to close the thread

Jairo_Ferreira1
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Mark,

Tks for helps me.

Have a nice Day,

Jairo

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok - it helps to mark the solution as one of the comments that is the main clue to the issue, even if that is your own comment, so that people with a similar issue can come to the thread and click on the "See Solution" link and go to the important bit.

Glad you are sorted out but dont forget to test a catalog restore (in a DEV environment) at some point to ensure that this does not cause you any issues.