Partioning Disk
The Restore has stopped due to the following error
Failed to verify backup
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited
HI Filip.

i followed your suggesstion. i removed the DNS and now there is just a entry of Master Server(My Master Server is also Media Server)

2009-11-06_113408.jpg

I also did what Andy says

Also check the "Host Properties -> Master Server -> Client Attributes" of the  Administration Console
           to ensure that the client has permissions to perform list and restore operations.

I selected the setting as mention in the below picture.

2009-11-06_113738.jpg

Although after doing this my problem is resolved. But in the end when all things are completed, i am getting the below error.

untitled.JPG

Important Document

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311920.htm

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
I presume the command will write a value to the %ERRORLEVEL% "variable". The echo then displays what that is.

e.g. if I did the following now at a command prompt (not having run anything previously) I get:

C:\> echo %ERRORLEVEL%

C:\>

i.e. an error level of 0 (zero)

Zahid_Haseeb
Thanks for reply Andy
in your suggessted article you mentioned a command below

bpclimagelist -client $CLNT_NAME -T
then i ran the below command
   echo %ERRORLEVEL%

Now i am getting error 135

i think all my prerequesite are good enough. would you plz elaborate some more to troubleshoot error 135 please ??

Zahid_Haseeb

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

Now i am getting error 135

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
Status Code: 135

# bperror -S 135 -r
client is not validated to perform the requested operation
An alternate client restore was attempted that did not come from the root user (on UNIX) or the administrator (on Windows).

Try the following:
Retry the operation as a root user (on UNIX) or as an administrator (on Windows) on the master server. Also see status code 131.

Status Code: 131

# bperror -S 131 -r
client is not validated to use the server
The client name, as determined from the connection to the server, did not match any client name in the NetBackup configuration. No altnames configuration for this client exists on the master server. A client and server with multiple network connections can encounter this problem in the following situation: the name by which the client is configured is not the one by which its routing tables direct connections to the server.

Try the following:

1  Examine the NetBackup Problems report.
2  Create a debug log directory for bprd and retry the operation. Check the resulting debug log to determine the connection and the client names.
   Depending on the request type (restore, backup, and so on.), you may need or want to:
   *  Change the client's configured name.
   *  Modify the routing tables on the client.
   *  On the master server, set up an altnames directory and file for this client
   See the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
   or
   *  On a UNIX master server, create a soft link in the NetBackup image catalog.
3  Review "Verifying host names and services entries" in the Troubleshooting Guide.
4  Run the NetBackup Configuration Validation Utility (NCVU) -conf <client option> on the master server for the associated NetBackup clients. Note the client hostname checks in section seven.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
it's also mentioned in the T/N I quoted:

"...
    3.  The Master Server does not see the restoring client as a valid client (rc=131, 133, 135)  
           The ip-address used by the client resolved to a different name than in the configuration, or the
           client does not have permission to perform list/restore requests.  One way to resolve this is to
           place a temporary entry in the 'hosts' file of the Master Server and Media Server. This entry
           must match the data information found in the 'Network Interfaces'
           section of the restore configuration used for the restore.
           Also check the "Host Properties -> Master Server -> Client Attributes" of the  Administration Console
           to ensure that the client has permissions to perform list and restore operations.
..."

Zahid_Haseeb
Thanks Adny for your input

i tried to re-check all the information which you have suggessted. let me correct if i am wrong.

Actually the BMR backup which i am trying to restore is on different hardware. So
when i boot from CD(SRT) then i see the screen of BMR restore(on client) where i put the IP for the client and the IP for Netbackup Master server. here i see the NIC card (in the BOX local network interface to use for contacting the Netbackup Master Server) which is showing the NIC of the PC whose backup i took and now i am restoring on different hardware so

here i think the NIC should be of new/different hardware, correct ?

Zahid_Haseeb
i fixed the problem which i mentioned in my last post which i had been facing. Now i am facing the error 25 after the below commands. i checked  the network interface. even i am able to ping the Netbackup Master Server from the client BMR initial wizard

echo %ERRORLEVEL%

Now i am getting error 25

Filip_Hasa
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

I had exactly same problem.

My solution:

• Copy BMR configuration.
  • Check Hosts - Set Master server, set media server, delete DNS servers
  • Set New IP
  • Change etc\hosts depends on new address - do it on master server and media server ( i have it separately ) it.
  • Don't forget on No.Restrictions file
hope this help

Zahid_Haseeb
HI Filip.

i followed your suggesstion. i removed the DNS and now there is just a entry of Master Server(My Master Server is also Media Server)

2009-11-06_113408.jpg

I also did what Andy says

I selected the setting as mention in the below picture.

2009-11-06_113738.jpg

Although after doing this my problem is resolved. But in the end when all things are completed, i am getting the below error.

untitled.JPG

Important Document

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/311920.htm