Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed backup jobs report

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

Hi All,

i run NBU 7 on windows 2008 server. i currently get mail alerts after each backup job, but i want to be able to get a report of failed backup jobs over a period of time. so i need a command that can help achieve this.

please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Will_Restore
Level 6

bperror -U -problems -hoursago #hours

or

bperror -U -problems  -d start_datetime  -e end_datetime

AlanTLR
Level 5

ayodeji,  

The command you want is bperror, under the c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\bin\admincmd directory:

e.g.

bperror -l -backstat -s info

-l          reports in short format

-s info   reports the log messages of severity info (ALL, DEBUG, INFO, WARNING, ERROR, CRITICAL)

You can also get detailed generated and scheduled reports thorugh OpsCenter.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

How about the basic report in the NetBackup Admin Console - under reports run the Problems Report - you can filter time range and select a specific client if you wish

This is useful as it also lists skipped files - many people ignore a Status of 1 but if you suddenly realise your Exchange server only backups up a few kb of its information store that is actually quite important!

If files are genuinely skipped then it is also a useful reference to set up exclude lists - sort by client name and export to a text file then copy and paste the excludes for each client (usually substituting SQL databaee names with *.mdf and *.ldf etc.)

Hope this helps