cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to check the policies which are not running for more than 1 or 3 month

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Hi All,

Can anyone help me how to check the policies which are not running for more than 1 or 3 month?

There are around 800+ in our backup environment, we are in the process of cleaning up all the deactivated and the policy which are not utilized for a long time, can someone suggest me how to generate the policy list.

Rgds,

Fox Foot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Closest I can get for you:

for POLICY in `bppllist`
do
echo $POLICY
for TIME in `bpimagelist -l -policy $POLICY -d 01/01/2000 -e 02/12/2013|grep IMAGE|awk '{print $14}'|head -1`
do
bpdbm -ctime $TIME
done
echo
done

Which *should* give you the last run time of each policy - change the dates to suit or you can replace the -d/-e options with -hoursago 2000 or something more appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Have you got the nbpem or jm logs, that is one way to see what jobs have started.

Another is to run the Client Backup reports (under reports in GUI).

bpimagelist command :(put in master server name)

(1355000 is the 'ctime' for Dec 8th 2012, so that's about 2 months, change this to ajust how far back to go.  bpdbm -ctime <ctime> converts a ctime to readable format)

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -l -g -X -d 1355000000  -M <Master server> |grep IMAGE |awk '{print $7}' |sort -u

Martin

Mr_Fox_Foot
Level 4

Thank you for the Input Martin,

We dont have old logs files, also AM not looking for the client level backup report.

My management required a report which should ave a list of policy which didnt have any schedule backupor the backup hasn`t run for past 1 or 3 months.

I do apologise if i was not clean in my query.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Closest I can get for you:

for POLICY in `bppllist`
do
echo $POLICY
for TIME in `bpimagelist -l -policy $POLICY -d 01/01/2000 -e 02/12/2013|grep IMAGE|awk '{print $14}'|head -1`
do
bpdbm -ctime $TIME
done
echo
done

Which *should* give you the last run time of each policy - change the dates to suit or you can replace the -d/-e options with -hoursago 2000 or something more appropriate!