cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to manually apply an SLP?

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3

so i was wondering why the duplication job for the Oct 16 didn't come in the activity monitor and upon checking with the Catalog, the backup image is still there on disk.cat.PNG

why is it sitting there? why the SLP didn't pick it up? can i manually run duplication on them?

thinking out loud: could it be that the SLP are doing some kind of round-robin thing doing duplication on a single tape drive? they all have the same priority.

regards,

Rino

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You cannot manually run a duplication on a image under SLP control.  You would have to canel it first, but if the 'try-to-keep' time (expire time) has expired, then as soon as it is cancelled the image changes it's expire time from infinity backup to what ever it was set for, and can expire immediately.  It is possible to stop this, but depending on NBU version, it can be a little tricky.

As to why an mage is not being processed, nbstserv log, which is a unified or vx log with originator id 226

i'm now seeing an SLP job that should've ran earlier, like days ago, but only now it appeared.

how can i find out for which backup date that SLP is running for? as i've mentioned in my other posts, the SLP job i'm expecting for Oct 16 backup didn't show up so maybe this SLP i'm now seeing is that one?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
The 10-digit number in the image-id is the unixtime that can be converted to 'normal' date and time with
bpdbm -ctime (10-digit-number)

This is the backup start-date.

yes but i'm interested in the other way around.

a duplication job is running how to know which set of backup images it belongs to?

SLP-job-A --> backupid-xxxxx, backupid-yyyyy, and so on

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have no idea what SLP-job-A means.

Perhaps the job id in Activity Monitor? 
I am pretty confident that Image-id's are listed in Overview tab of the job. 

oh what i meant was for an SLP job with name "A", what are the backup IDs it is doing a duplication of.

yeah in the activity monitor it does show the backup ID but only if the duplication is currently running. those waiting in the queue doesn't show them yet.

so imagine i have 3 duplication in the queue, i want to find out which backup IDs they will run for.