cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (532) (TCP 10053: Software caused connection abort)

captain_harlock
Level 4

We`ve  recently had a problem with our NetBackup server. Server version is 2012 r2, NetBackup version is 8.1.1, build 0103, SQL server - windows 2008R2.
The backup is configured as follows: once a week - full backup and every day - differential. For some time now, the differential has dropped out with the following error:
03:20:51.501 [11548.9348] <16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (532) (TCP 10053: Software caused connection abort)
03:20:51.501 [11548.9348] <16> dtcp_read: TCP - failure: recv socket (528) (TCP 10058: Can't send after socket shutdown)
First, after a full backup was performed once a week, a differential backup was made for a couple of days, and then an error appeared and up to a full backup, the differential was not performed with just such an error.
And now, for a couple of weeks, even after a full backup, the differential has stopped performing altogether.
Since I am newbe to servicing this kind of servers, in 2 weeks I have read many publications on similar topics here and on other sites, but the proposed solutions did not help.
If you need bptm, bpkar or others logs, I'm ready to post them here, and it would be much appratiated if I am told what parts of logs are needed, because they are way too big.
Again, I'm a beginner, therefore, in order not to clutter up the forum with long posts, I ask you to help and tell what logs are needed for analysis. Log level was set  to max - 5.
The bundle is standard - NetBackup + SQL. NetBackup version 8.1.1 and SQL - 2008R2.
The errors are the same in the logs on the SQL server and on the Netbackup server.
I no longer know what to do.
Please advise.

43 REPLIES 43

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@captain_harlock 

I had another look at the logs and noticed something in the SQL server's bpbkar log that I did not pick up previously:

04:09:52.383 [10896.9768] <2> ov_log::V_GlobalLogEx: ERR - enterprise_vault_sql_access::V_OpenForRead() FS_EXTENDED_ERROR on FS_OpenObj() Result:0xE0000363 Action:0x2 Error_id:0x2D4A

Google found these 2 articles:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100024835

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100000809

Long story short:

....  ensure that the recovery model setting for the databases being backed up is set to Full or bulk log mode. 

@Marianne 

Thank you again, mam, for your help and patience.

Yes, i ve read those articles before and of`course I made sure that all the DBs operate at Full mode.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@captain_harlock 

Those 2 articles suggests that there is an issue with transaction logs.
If log mode is not the issue, it means that something else is wrong on the EV side.

IMHO, you need assistance from someone with EV experience.

Perhaps ask in the EV forum with a link to this post.
You may want to summarize what has been done and that all DBs are in Full log mode.

Sorry, I am officially out of ideas.

@Marianne 

thank you for your advice, mam.

We will have a winter shutdown here, so i will be allowed to stop the service and i will try my best and make maintanence to the faulty DB and its transaction logs.