cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move policies in/out of $INSTALL_DIR/netbackup/db/class

Stumpr2
Level 6

I know NetBackup versions pre 5.x allowed you to move policies into or out of the $INSTALL_DIR/netbackup/db/class folder using simple OS commands with no NetBackup problems. There are many changes in newer versions. Are there any problems with moving policy folders into/out of the class folder with OS commands in the 6.x versions?

If I run, nbpemreq -updatepolicies, will it remove a missing policy from the worklist tables

If I add a policy using OS command will, nbpemreq -updatepolicies add it to the worklist tables?

Is there any other service/daemon that NetBackup uses via the GUI when dealing with policy creation/modification/deletion that I would need to run from the CLI?

Message Edited by Stumpr on 10-25-2008 10:53 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hey!

I've just tried a simple test on NBU ES v6.5.2A Windows, and moved a class folder out, pressed F5 in the Windows native Admin Console GUI and the policy disappeared.  Then put it back, pressed F5 it re-appeared, and I was able to manually run it.

I think you'll be ok as long as the policies are copied between the same NBU version and same O/S type.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

Hey!

I've just tried a simple test on NBU ES v6.5.2A Windows, and moved a class folder out, pressed F5 in the Windows native Admin Console GUI and the policy disappeared.  Then put it back, pressed F5 it re-appeared, and I was able to manually run it.

I think you'll be ok as long as the policies are copied between the same NBU version and same O/S type.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Most of the changes are with the volumes and drives config because of the EMM DB, but I haven't see many changes on the policies sides they work in the same way has 5.x, is for sure there are some changes but not at this level.

Let us know Stumpr if you get any issue.

Best Regards