cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysql restore show no backup dates

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.6.0.3 master server, 7.6.0.1 client

the client is a Windows Server 2008 R2 server, freshly installed but using the name hostname as the failed server. SQL Server 2008 R2 was also freshly installed. i configured the NBU SQL Client correctly as per this link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH51062 but when it comes to step 8, it doesn't show a list of backup images for 2015. although during backup, in the activity monitor it shows backups. what shows is just the server name.

what could be the reason for this? does NBU looks at the SID of the Windows server instead of the hostname or computer name (because this is a freshly formatted server)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

manatee
Level 6

my bad. it's a MS SQL Server.

the above happened during major server crashes last week so wasn't thinking straight. when i finally found the cause, i was able to restore from any date.

the problem was, which is weird, is that the server is 7.6.0.3 while the client is 7.6.0.1 so when i patched the client to 7.6.0.3 i was able to see all the backup dates.

strange that such combination doesn't work for MS SQL Server but does work with Oracle's RMAN.

thanks all for the replies.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

NBU does not look at SID but the name selected in the policy.

If it does not list the backup points correctly there can be two reasons.

1. No backup has been taken in the selected date range

2. The name you have selected in step 7 is not as per the backup images created.

To confirm my point number 2, you can search catalog and look for the client name of the backups that you have recently run. Sometimes the client name selected with or without FQDN can create these issues. Make sure the source name matches the entry in the catalog.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Can we assume that this is MS-SQL and not MySql? You need to confirm what the Client was in the original policy. Have a look at Client folder names on the master server under netbackup\db\images. Do you see one or more folders for this client name? Maybe shortname and FQDN?

manatee
Level 6

my bad. it's a MS SQL Server.

the above happened during major server crashes last week so wasn't thinking straight. when i finally found the cause, i was able to restore from any date.

the problem was, which is weird, is that the server is 7.6.0.3 while the client is 7.6.0.1 so when i patched the client to 7.6.0.3 i was able to see all the backup dates.

strange that such combination doesn't work for MS SQL Server but does work with Oracle's RMAN.

thanks all for the replies.