cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nbemmcmd -listhost

mubarack_s
Level 6
Hi,

While I am running the command nbemmcmd -listhost, I am getting the old hostname configured with my master and media server. How to remove the old host name with netbackup.

# nbemmcmd -listhost
NBEMMCMD, Version:6.5.3.1
The following hosts were found:
server          SS93VPBK01-01
master          SS93VPBK01-01
media           SS93VPBK04-01
media           SS93VPBK03
media           SS93VPBK02
master          SS93VPBK01-NB
media           SS93VPBK02-NB
media           SS93VPBK03-NB
media           SS93VPBK04-NB
Command completed successfully.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mubarack_s
Level 6
Thanks,

Both the server SS93VPBK01-NB and SS93VPBK01-01 are same... I have configured the same IP to new host name But That time I have changed all the configuration.But I donno how remains in the history.

If I delete one host name wheather it will affect another one .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
First of all, ensure that media server to be deleted has been decommissioned properly. You will find a link under 'featured discussions' that describes the new decommissioning tool.
There are also numerous posts on this forum as well as TechNotes on how to decommission media servers.
The last step in this process is to delete the hostname from EMM:
nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename <string> -machinetype <api | app_cluster | client | cluster | disk_array | master | media | ndmp | virtual_machine>

mubarack_s
Level 6
Thanks,

Both the server SS93VPBK01-NB and SS93VPBK01-01 are same... I have configured the same IP to new host name But That time I have changed all the configuration.But I donno how remains in the history.

If I delete one host name wheather it will affect another one .

Will_Restore
Level 6
Master server hostname change is not supported without engaging Symantec Consulting services.

ayodeji
Level 6
Certified

also ensure that the media server entry has been removed from SERVER entry on the master server properties.